- About Us
- Products and Services
- Mobile Lifestyle
- Customer Service
www.grameenphone.com is a website of GP with information on Grameenphone and its products and services along with facilities for web based self care (My Grameenphone) and online GP store (eShop). Please read the Terms and Conditions carefully before visiting or requesting for service activation or placing order for any online based purchase from this website. By accessing or using any Product or Service from this website, you agree to be bound by the Terms and Conditions set forth below. If you do not wish to be bound by these Terms and Conditions, you may not access or use any Service. If you utilize any Service in a manner inconsistent with these Terms and Conditions, GP may terminate your access, block your future access and/or seek such additional relief as the circumstances of your misuse requires. GP may modify the Terms and Conditions at any time and such modification shall be effective immediately upon posting of the modified Terms and Conditions. You agree to review the Terms and Conditions periodically to be aware of such modifications and your continued access or use of the Service shall be deemed as your conclusive acceptance of the modified Terms and Conditions.
The term 'Grameenphone' or 'GP' or Service Provider or 'us' or 'we' or 'Site' or 'eShop' or 'My Grameenphone' or 'package adviser' or any other terms related to any 'Product' or 'Service' refers to the owner of the Site 'Grameenphone Limited' whose registered office is at GP House, Bashundhara, Baridhara, Dhaka-1229, Bangladesh. The term 'you' refers to the user or viewer of our Site.
To avail different features and services on www.grameenphone.com registration may be required on the site. You agree as a condition of use and registration that Grameenphone may contact you for any necessities. You are responsible for safeguarding the password that you use to access any secure areas of www.grameenphone.com. You agree not to disclose your password to any third party and take sole responsibility for any activities or actions under your password, whether or not you have authorized such activities or actions. You will immediately notify www.grameenphone.com of any unauthorized use of your password.
You agree that you shall not post any information:
- that is known by you to be false, inaccurate or misleading;
- that infringes any third party's copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret or other proprietary rights or rights of publicity or privacy;
- that violates any law, statute, ordinance or regulation (including, but not limited to, those governing export control, consumer protection, unfair competition, anti-discrimination or false advertising);
- that is or may reasonably be considered to be defamatory, libelous, hateful, racially or religiously biased or offensive, unlawfully threatening or unlawfully harassing to any individual, partnership or corporation;
- for which you were compensated or granted any consideration by any third party;
- that includes any information that references other websites, addresses, email addresses, contact information or phone numbers;
- that contains any computer viruses, worms or other potentially damaging computer programs or files.
When you visit the Site or send e-mails to us, you are communicating with us electronically, you thereby consent to receive communications from us electronically. We will either communicate with you by e-mail or post notices on the Site. For contractual purposes, you consent to receive communications from us electronically and you agree that all agreements, notices, disclosures and other communications that we provide to you electronically satisfy any legal requirement that such communications be in writing.
External Link and third party content
From time to time this Site may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s). Use or reliance on any external links and the content thereon provided is at your own risk. When visiting external links you must refer to that external websites terms and conditions of use. No hypertext links shall be created from any website controlled by you or otherwise to this website without the express prior written permission of GP.
If you use this Site, you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account and password and for restricting access to your computer. Furthermore, you are responsible for any and all activities that occur under your account or password. You authorize GP to assume that any person using the Site with your password and user name either is you or is someone authorized to act for you. You agree to authorize GP immediately to take appropriate action of any unauthorized use of your account or any other breach of security. GP shall not be liable for any loss that you may incur as a result of someone else using your password or account either with or without your knowledge. However, you will be held liable for losses incurred by GP or another party due to someone else using your account or password.
You must not use the Site in any way that causes or is likely to cause the Site or access to it to be interrupted, damaged or impaired in any way. You understand that you are solely responsible for all electronic communications and contents sent from your computer to us. You must use the Site for lawful purposes only. You must not use the Site for any of the following:
- Fraudulent purposes in connection with a criminal offence or otherwise unlawful activity
- To send, use or re-use any material that is illegal, offensive, abusive, indecent, defamatory, obscene or menacing; or in breach of copyright, trademark, confidence, privacy or any other right; or is otherwise injurious to third parties; or objectionable; or which consists of or contains software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any spam
- To cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety
www.grameenphone.com including all its pages, contents, services and functionalities, is not targeted towards, nor intended for by anyone under the age of 18 (a minor). By registering to www.grameenphone.com for purchasing or using any product or service you hereby acknowledge that you are above or equal to 18 years of age. However, if you are under the age of 18 then the registration is to be done by your parent/guardian. www.grameenphone.com reserves the right to terminate your membership at any time) in the event that www.grameenphone.com becomes aware that you are or were a minor when the product or service was subscribed..
All content included on this site, such as text, graphics, logos, button icons, images, audio clips, digital downloads, data compilations, and software, is the property of Grameenphone or its content suppliers and protected by Bangladesh and International Copyright Laws. The compilation of all content on this site is the exclusive property of Grameenphone and protected by Bangladesh Copyright Laws. All software used on this site is the property of Grameenphone or its software suppliers and protected by Bangladesh Copyright Laws.
All logos, graphics, page headers, button icons, scripts, products, and service names are registered trademarks of Grameenphone or Grameenphone is authorized to use it at www.grameenphone.com. All shop addresses and their trademarks and logos are the property of the specific shops and they are signed retail partners in Bangladesh and/or other countries. All other trademarks not owned by Grameenphone that appear on the site www.grameenphone.com are the property of their respective owners, who are affiliated with Grameenphone and the right of ownership of all the products, trademarks and logos of www.grameenphone.com belong to Grameenphone Limited.
License and Site Access
GP grants you a limited license to access and make personal use of this Site. You may print and download (page caching) or portions of material from the different areas of the Service solely for your personal and non-commercial use. Any other copying, re-sale, duplication or exploitation for any commercial purpose, redistribution, retransmission or publication of any downloaded material such as product listings, descriptions, prices, account information, or any other derivative use of the Site or its contents; and/or any downloading or copying of account information for the benefit of another merchant; and/or any use of data mining, robots or similar data gathering and extraction tools is strictly prohibited without the express written consent of GP. You agree to grant GP a non-exclusive, royalty free, worldwide, perpetual license, with the right to sublicense, reproduce, distribute, transmit, create derivative works of publicly display and publicly perform any materials and other information (including, without limitation, ideas contained therein for new or improved products and services) you submit to public areas of the Service by all means and in any media now known or hereafter developed. You may not frame or utilize framing techniques to enclose any trademark, logo, or other proprietary information (including images, text, page layout, or form) of GP and our other service providers without express written consent of GP. You may not use any Meta tags or any other "hidden text" utilizing GP and/or www.grameenphone.com's name or trademarks without the express written consent of GP. Any unauthorized use terminates the permission or license granted by GP. You are granted a limited, revocable, and nonexclusive right to create a hyperlink to the home page of the Site so long as the link does not portray GP, its other service providers, or their products or services in a false, misleading, derogatory, or otherwise offensive matter. You may not use any GP or any logo of its products and services or other proprietary graphic or trademark as part of the link without express written permission of GP.
Grameenphone attempts to be as accurate as possible. However, it does not warrant that product descriptions or other content of this site is accurate, complete, reliable, current, or error-free. If a product offered by Grameenphone itself is not as described, your sole remedy is to return it in unused condition. Grameenphone provides information regarding products and third-party merchants, and links to third-party merchants that are selling listed products.
Payment Settlement and Delivery of Products
- www.grameenphone.com allows payment with a limited number of Debit Cards and Credit Cards. The transactions will be executed by an appointed "Payment Gateway". The Payment Gateway is a separate organization that will collect your payment and forward it to the processing bank for further execution. The Payment Gateway will be responsible for executing all transactions with your banks.
- In order to be able to buy over www.grameenphone.com you need to register first. Grameenphone guarantees the price as of the purchase day will remain valid till delivery date. That means if the price increases or decreases after your order, you will not be charged for price increment or returned any amount for price decrement from the order price.
- After you will have selected your product(s), you will have to provide your delivery address. After confirming your delivery address, you will be taken to another page to enter your payment information. Please note that this payment page is owned, managed and maintained by the payment processing bank.
- All information related to your Card/Bank Account will be exclusively dealt by the Payment Gateway and the Bank. GP will not ask for your payment information in its site nor does it retain your payment information. The use of your credit/debit card or account to account transfer services is governed by the agreed terms and conditions between you and your bank.
- For any unsuccessful payment request, you must contact your Card issuing Bank or the Bank in which you maintain your account. For any other payment related queries, please also contact your bank.
- Please note that once you confirm your payment, you will not be able to cancel your order.
- For any reasons whatsoever, if GP or its authorized agents failed to deliver you the ordered product or services, you will get the refund as per the timeline agreed by your respective Bank. However, it may take 14 (fourteen) working days for refund to your Credit Card or Debit Card or Bank Account or through cheque.
There can be a situation where some technical problems may occur which are completely unintentional and due to this situation, your payment may be deducted but GP may not receive confirmation & consequently delivery of your desired product may be delayed.
- In such case please inform GP about the incident with your order number and detail of product selections. After validating your complaints, GP or its authorized representatives will deliver you the order product as early as possible.
- GP will be using third party delivery organization/person to deliver your ordered product at your given address. Cost of delivery will be at actual basis and borne by the buyer. Such delivery cost will be added with the particular product price at the time of selection of product for ordering. and shall be paid upon buyer select and order a particular product. For any unwanted accident or uncontrolled or unintentional incidents this may be delayed. As a responsible organization, we will try our level best to deliver you the product by 5 (five) working days. This time period may differ in case of any unavoidable circumstances.
- If the Buyer enters incorrect personal data or the residence address or Shipping address during the purchase process, GP shall not be liable for non-delivery of goods.
Use of My Grameenphone
The User acknowledges and agrees to the following terms of e-Services as lay down by the Service Provider. Also, the User agrees to allow the Service Provider to process the personal information given herein for use in the Service Provider's telecom-service provision. The User shall not revoke this consent during the use of My Grameenphone.
Terms of service and user agreement
- The User agrees that any action done through My Grameenphone under the Users' User ID and Password shall be complete and binding to the User, without the need for the User to affix signature on any document.
- It is the User's duty to keep User ID and Password confidential, and not to disclose this information to any other person. The User may change the Password through procedures laid down by the Service Provider. If the User forgets the User ID or Password, the User may follow guidelines and procedures specified by the Service Provider on its web site, or call Grameenphone's call center, hotline no. 121, for advice to restores the Users' use of My Grameenphone.
- In the event that the User types in the wrong User ID and/or Password more often than allowed by the Service Provider, the Service Provider shall suspend the User's use of My Grameenphone until the User contacts the Service Provider to request new User ID and Password.
- The User agrees that any action done through My Grameenphone must be used for services relating to cell-phone services provided by the Service Provider only. If the User violates the rights of or causes damages to the Service Provider or any other person, the User shall be liable to civil and criminal action.
- The User acknowledges that any record, evidence or document prepared by and/or recorded by the Service Provider in its database about the User's usage through My Grameenphone, are accurate and can be used as evidence.
- The User agrees that the Service Provider shall not be liable for interruption in services while using My Grameenphone or any damages caused to the User through My Grameenphone, regardless of cause, including, but not limited to, communication failure, computer-system failure, and power failure that prevent the User from using the My Grameenphone.
- The User agrees not to use this web site for any other commercial purpose and/or any other use that runs against the law and/or good morals. Also, the User agrees not to send or distribute virus programs or any other program that is designed to obstruct, devastate or damage computer programs, telecommunications tools and/or any other equipment.
- The User agrees to allow the Service Provider to use the User's My Grameenphone usage information for the purposes of improving the Service Provider's services, or distributing the Service Providers' news, benefits, promotions and offers.
- The User understands and acknowledges that the personal information provided in the registration for the My Grameenphone shall be sent via Internet, which is a public network, to the Service Provider who shall use effort and caution in preventing an outside party from gaining access to this personal information. However, the Service Provider shall not be liable for any damages that arise from events where an outside party has seen and/or used the User's personal information.
- The Service Provider reserves the right to cancel the My Grameenphone service, or change the Terms of Service and the User Agreement for the My Grameenphone without prior notice to the User.
Use of Package Adviser
The Package Adviser is part of www.grameenphone.com and is an online tool to help visitors/users; This tool helps GP customers to find a package suitable to their preference. This tool essentially uses the information provided by the visitor, user or GP customer and returns a suggestion based on pre-set logic. It is important to note that the tool provides only broad based, general suggestion, and despite good intentions on part of the tool's owner Grameenphone Ltd. It may suggest a package to the user which may not reflect the preference of the user. This is an automatic computer generated suggestion, which is indicative only. The best use out of any price plan will depend on actual usage and other parameter of each customer. You have full right not to accept the suggestion. The package advisor tool is applicable only for Voice prepaid and Data packages. All the information or logics used in the package adviser is property of Grameenphone Ltd. and any use of this information or logic other than on www.grameenphone.com without prior expressed permission from us is completely prohibited.
Site Policies, Modification and Severability
www.grameenphone.com reserves the right to make changes to its site, policies, and these Terms and Conditions at any time. If any of these conditions shall be deemed invalid, void, or for any reason unenforceable, that condition shall be deemed severable and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining condition.
Disclaimer of Warranties and Limitation of Liability
This Site and all information, content, materials, products (including software) and services included on or otherwise made available to you through this Site are provided by GP on an "as is" and "as available" basis, unless otherwise specified in writing. GP makes no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, as to the operation of this Site or the information, content, materials, products (including software) or services included on or otherwise made available to you through this Site or about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the Site or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the Site for any purpose. You therefore expressly agree that any reliance you place on such information and your use of this Site is strictly at your own risk.
To the fullest extent permissible by applicable law, GP disclaim all warranties, express or implied, including, but not limited to, implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. GP do not warrant that this Site; information, content, materials, products (including software) or services or related graphics included on or otherwise made available to you through this Site; their servers; or e-mail sent from the Site are free of viruses, or other harmful components. GP shall not be liable for any loss or damages of any kind from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this Site or from any information, content, materials, products (including software) or services included on or otherwise made available to you through this Site, including, but not limited to direct, indirect, incidental, punitive, and consequential damages, unless otherwise specified in writing.
By visiting www.grameenphone.com, you agree that the laws of the People's Republic of Bangladesh, without regard to principles of conflict of laws, will govern these Terms and Conditions and any dispute of any sort that might arise between you and www.grameenphone.com.