Grameenphone, in partnership with MicroEnsure Bangladeh and Pragati Life, has introduced a Free Life Insurance offer Nirvoy for its customers. All Grameenphone customers (except data SIM only users) will be able to avail this offer by registering (Free). Based on their monthly local voice usage, customers can get maximum coverage of BDT 50,000 in a month.
Understanding of life insurance
Insurance means protection. Insurance is a means of protecting you and your family against risk or loss. Insurance is like an umbrella that you keep with you: it may not rain every day, but when it does rain, you will be very happy that you have an umbrella to stay dry. There are various risks we face every day: loss of life, health problems, loss of property, etc. that could put our families and loved ones in a very dire situation. Life Insurance protects the family/loved ones in the event of loss of life of the “insured” person by paying the cover amount, which is also known as the sum insured/assured.
Nirvoy Life Insurance, which is a Life Insurance program, offers protection against the risk of loss of life by providing monetary compensation in the event of the loss of life of the registered (covered) customer during the period in which he/she had cover.
Insurance Coverage Model:
|Airtime used in previous calendar month
(month 1) excluding VAT
|Free Life Insurance cover
(Calendar month 2)
|BDT <250||Registration is valid but No coverage|
|BDT 250 – 349||BDT 20,000 |
|BDT 350 – 499 ||BDT 30,000 |
|BDT 500 & above ||BDT 50,000 |
Till now, Nirvoy Life Insurance could only be registered through GPC/F and Grameenphone STPs.
Now, Grameenphone is introducing the ‘Self Registration’ through customer’s mobiles (USSD Menu).
Just dial *777# (from your Grameenphone SIM) & provide the required step by step information for easy ‘Self Registration’.
Registration Eligibility Criteria
Any Grameenphone customer (All Prepaid and Postpaid, except for data only SIM users& GP Employee SIM users) are eligible to avail this offer.
i. Customers can use the ‘Self Registration’ through customer’s mobiles via USSD.
ii. Customers need to visit nearest Grameenphone center/selected Grameenphone service touch points and also the ‘Mobicash’ outlets to register for this offer. The agents can register the customer either using the Nirvoy Portal or via USSD.
Once the customer registers for this based on his/her monthly local voice call usage; s/he will be eligible for life insurance coverage.
Information Required to Complete Registration:
Customers (users) need to provide the following information for registration:
- User’s Grameenphone Mobile Number (when registering through GP channels, like GPC)
- User’s Name
- User’s Age (must be 18-60 years)
- Relationship of Nominee to User
- Nominee’s Name
Registrations via the Nirvoy Web Portal, will require the following declarations to be confirmed by the agent from the user:
- The user has read, understood and agreed to the detailed conditions related to Nirvoy free insurance offer.
- The user is the owner or user of the SIM card.
- The user authorizes Grameenphone to process relevant information for insurance purpose.
Data Entry Process for Registration (using a Grameenphone channel):
- Nirvoy agent will brief the customer about the Life Insurance offer
- If the customer is interested to take the offer then the respective agent will put the required information in the system for registration
- After data entry, agent will recheck the information from customer
- Agent will submit the information to complete the registration
Verification and Confirmation from Customers end via SMS
- Customer will receive registration confirmation/cancellation SMS from 9100 (Free of charge)
- During registration process, customer needs to agree on the terms and condition of Nirvoy life insurance offer and will authorize Grameenphone to process relevant information for this. Customer will also confirm whether s/he is the owner/user of the connection
Insurance Start Date and Validity:
- If the local voice usage is BDT 250 or higher (except SMS, Data, VAS, Short code, Roaming and Bonus Minutes) then customer will be entitled for the insurance coverage
- Usage will be calculated from the 1st day of customer’s registration calendar month to last date of that month and insurance coverage will valid for the next calendar month based on the usage. This rule is applicable for the following months also.
- Customer will be notified through monthly SMS about his/her insurance validity
- Registration is valid until the customer cancels the registration but insurance coverage is based on monthly local voice usage.
- If monthly local voice call usage is below BDT 250 in any month then for the next month customer will not receive any insurance coverage
- For postpaid customers, month usage will be calculated based on their monthly bill cycle
- For bundle offer, only voice part will be calculated for insurance coverage calculation in the purchase month that bundle (irrespective of purchase date)
- If any customer has more than one Grameenphone connections and registered for Nirvoy then maximum BDT 1,00,000 will be paid as insurance coverage based on the monthly usage of those connections.
Registration Information Modification and Cancellation Process:
- For registration information modification or registration cancellation customer needs to call to 1200 (8AM-11PM)
- Based on information verification agents will arrange for the necessary modification/cancellation
- Customer will be notified about the modification/cancellation in the next month (Free of charge)
- For modification or cancellation charge is not applicable
- Only 1200 hotline call charge is applicable
Claim settlement process:
- After the death of any insured customer, Nominee needs to submit all the required papers in the nearest Grameenphone center within 120 days of the death
- During claim settlement, nominee needs to submit the following documents:
- Death certificate of insured person
- National ID Card of Insured
- National ID Card of claimant
- Mobile phone SIM under which the insured was registered
- Government issued document confirming the relationship between claimant and insured e.g. birth certificate, marriage certificate
- Claim Form (available in the Grameenphone center)
- After verification of all the documents, claim settlement will be completed within 7 working days