- Grameenphone value your privacy and take the protection of your personal information seriously, so it is important to us that you understand how we collect and process personal information about you.
- This privacy notice applies to the processing of the personal information that Grameenphone collects about you when you use any of our products and services, including our telecommunication networks, applications or any of our websites (collectively referred to as ‘services’). Please read this notice in conjunction with the Terms & Conditions of any particular service that you use.
- This privacy notice explains what personal information we collect about you and how we process it. It also explains the privacy rights that you have in relation to your personal information and how you can exercise those rights.
2. Key privacy principles
Grameenphone’s Privacy Position can be summarized as follows:
- We are open about how we collect and use your personal information.
- We are committed to use your personal information to provide you with better and more relevant services.
- We believe that all our customers should enjoy the same standards of privacy protection.
- We do not sell your personal information to any third party; we will only use it to improve your user experience with us.
- We process your personal information in accordance with applicable laws & regulations.
- We process your personal information only for legitimate purposes and for as long as it is necessary to achieve those purposes, unless we are otherwise required by any applicable law to retain those or have grounds for doing so.
- We will enable you to exercise choice and control over our processing of your personal information wherever possible, including personal information relating to others who may be identified from your personal information.
- You will have the right to correct and keep your personal information updated.
- We will ensure adequate security measures to keep your personal information safe and secure.
- Unless otherwise specified by us at the time your personal information is collected, it is obligatory that you provide us with your personal information in order for you to use our network and/or to receive any of our services.
- If you fail to supply us the required personal information; or if the personal information supplied is insufficient or unsatisfactory; or if you withdraw your consent for us to process your personal information, we may not be able to provide you with the desired services.
- Grameenphone determines the purposes for which and the means by which your personal information is processed, and therefore, is responsible for ensuring that your personal information is processed in accordance with the applicable laws, our key privacy principles and this privacy notice.
- When we share your personal information with others (subject to applicable laws & regulations) we will ensure that they are legally responsible for ensuring that the personal information that has been shared is processed in accordance with the applicable laws, our key privacy principles and this privacy notice.
3. How we collect personal information about you:
We collect personal information about you in three ways:
- Information that you provide us for instance when you subscribe for any of our services;
- Information that we collect automatically when you use any of our services; and/or
- Information that we may obtain about you from other sources.
We collect your personal information because those are necessary for us to ensure the services that you signed up for or engaged in. We may also collect and use the information internally and/or with support from third parties, subject to applicable laws & regulations, to improve our services through research, development of better and more personalized products & services, creation of more relevant user experience, to help protect your security, for marketing purposes etc.
In case of any sharing of your personal information with others, subject to applicable laws & regulations, GP takes rigorous measures to ensure that the recipients will keep your personal information safe & secure and that they will only process the information only for the purposes of which the information were shared.
5. How we protect your personal information
We have policies and processes in place internally that are designed to protect your personal information that we collect. A group of dedicated specialist resources drive our privacy and security programs. We constantly review our practices on privacy and conduct training of the people involved in privacy related activities.
Generally, we keep your personal information for the duration of your relationship with us. When you no longer utilize our products or services, we dispose of your personal information when there is no reason to retain your information and/or where the law does not require us to retain it.
7. Your rights
We have in place adequate measures and processes to enable you to exercise your rights to access, amend and/or erase your personal information and also to withdraw consent for processing of the same.