Grameenphone took a timely initiative in the fight against the coronavirus. It supplied 50,000 sets of professional-grade medical PPE to 12 hospitals, listed under the Directorate General of Health Services (DGHS). This was done during the initial stages of the pandemic when the medical frontline workers had little to no protection whilst saving lives.
At Grameenphone, we believe, it is possible to overcome any obstacle with the power of a united force. We also feel that it is our duty to help lessen the burden of those who work diligently and are committed towards the betterment of a society and its people.
The names of the 12 hospitals that received the PPE are listed here:
- Kuwait-Bangladesh Friendship Government Hospital
- Kurmitola General Hospital
- Dhaka Medical College and Hospital
- Dhaka Mahanagar General Hospital
- Mugda Medical College and Hospital
- Narayanganj 300-bed Hospital
- Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujib Medical University
- Sir Salimullah Medical College
- Mymensingh Medical College
- Shaheed Tajuddin Ahmad Medical College
- Sheikh Russel Gastro Liver Institute and Hospital
- Infectious Diseases Hospital.
Also, in a separate drive, Grameenphone with the Foreign Investor’s Chambers of Commerce & Industry (FICCI) contributed 1,000 high-quality ICU Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) to Combined Military Hospital (CMH), in a joint effort to combat Covid-19.