This website is owned and operated by Grameenphone Ltd. (hereinafter referred to as "Grameenphone" "GP" "Site" "Web Site" "us" "we" or "our") We are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our website visitors, this policy sets out how we will treat your personal information.
www.grameenphone.com including all its pages, contents, services and functionalities, is not targeted towards, nor intended for by anyone under the age of 18 (a minor). By registering to www.grameenphone.com for purchasing or using any product or service you hereby acknowledge that you are above or equal to 18 years of age. However, if you are under the age of 18 then the registration is to be done by your parent/guardian. www.grameenphone.com reserves the right to terminate your membership at any time) in the event that www.grameenphone.com becomes aware that you are or were a minor when the product or service was subscribed.
When you use this website, we collect and store your personal information as provided by you. Our primary goal in doing so is to conduct internal research on your demography and interest to provide you a safe, efficient, smooth and customized experience as well as to protect your interest. This allows us to provide services and features that are most likely to meet your needs, and to customize the web site to make your experience safer and easier. Importantly, we only collect personal information about and related to you that we consider necessary for achieving this purpose.
You can browse our sites without telling us who you are or revealing any personal information about yourself. Once you give us your personal information, you are not anonymous to us. If you choose to provide us with personal information, you consent to the transfer and storage of that information on our servers located anywhere under the custody of Grameenphone Ltd or its authorized vendor/supplier/service provider.
We may collect and store the following personal information:
- name, address, contact numbers, father's/mother's/husband's/wife's name, email address, physical contact information, and sometimes financial information (depending on the service used) such as credit card or bank account numbers;
- Grameenphone postpaid and prepaid top up (airtime) account and MobiCash account for both of them;
- transactional information based on your activities on the sites (such as bidding, buying, selling, item and content you generate or that relates to your account);
- the URL that you were redirected from (whether this URL is on our site or not), your computer browser information, and your IP address;
- your buying behavior and pattern;
- If you send us personal correspondence such as emails or if other users or third parties send us correspondence about your activities or postings on the Site, we may collect such information into a file specific to you;
- If you register for a site on another web site or use a web site providing a service for GP or this website or a web site that helps facilitates your activity on www.grameenphone.com, that web site may provide personal information about you and your transaction back to us.
- shipping, billing and other information you provide to purchase or ship an item;
- community discussions, chats, dispute resolution, correspondence through our sites, and correspondence sent to us;
- other information from your interaction with our sites, services, content and advertising, including computer and connection information, statistics on page views, traffic to and from the sites, ad data, IP address and standard web log information;
- We may also collect non-personal information about your visit to the Site, and other similar sites based on your browsing (click-stream) activities. This information may include the pages you browsed and products and services viewed or ordered for example.
- additional information we ask you to submit to authenticate yourself or if we believe you are violating site policies (for example, we may ask you to send us an ID or bill to verify your address, or to answer additional questions online to help verify your identity or ownership of any ordered item);
- your photographs, thumb print, signature, national/voter ID number, passport number, official/work address, parents and spouse information etc.
- information from other companies, such as demographic and navigation data; and
- other supplemental information from third parties (for example, if you incur a debt to any organization, we will generally conduct a credit check by obtaining additional information about you from a credit bureau, as permitted by law).
Use of Personal Information
We don't sell or rent your personal information to third parties for their marketing purposes without your explicit consent. We may combine your information with information we collect from other companies and use it to improve and personalize our services, content and advertising. If you don't wish to receive marketing communications from us or participate in our ad-customization programs, simply indicate your preference in ''My Account' or by following the directions provided with the communication or advertisement.
Our primary purpose in collecting personal information is to provide you with a safe, smooth, efficient, and customized experience. We may use your personal information to
- administer the website
- deliver ordered products, provide the services and customer support you request;
- resolve disputes, securing payments against purchase, and troubleshoot problems;
- customize your experience; detect and protect us against error
- prevent potentially prohibited or illegal activities, and enforce our Terms & Conditions;
- customize, measure and improve our services, content and advertising;
- inform you about online and offline offers, products, services, and updates;
- tell you about our services and those of our corporate family, targeted marketing, service updates, and promotional offers based on your communication preferences; and
- compare your submitted/tracked information for accuracy, and verify it with third parties.
- examine your personal information to identify users using multiple User IDs or aliases and delete/bar the unauthenticated User IDs.
- Send you e-mail notifications which you have specifically requested
Our Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose personal information to respond to legal requirements, enforce our policies, respond to claims that a listing or other content violates the rights of others, or protect anyone's rights, property, or safety. Such information will be disclosed in accordance with applicable laws and regulations of the Country. We may also share your personal information with:
- Relevant Members/Partners/Vendors/Payment Gateway/Bank/Financial Instutes/Suppliers of Grameenphone Ltd. to provide joint content and services (like registration, transactions, fund collection and customer support), to help detect and prevent potentially illegal acts and violations of our policies, and to guide decisions about their products, services and communications. Members of our corporate family will use this information to send you marketing communications only if you've requested their services.
- Service providers under contract who help with our business operations (such as fraud investigations, bill collection, affiliate and rewards programs and co-branded credit cards).
- Other third parties to whom you explicitly ask us to send your information (or about whom you are otherwise explicitly notified and consent to when using a specific service).
- Law enforcement or other governmental officials, in response to a verified request relating to a criminal investigation or alleged illegal activity. In such events, we will disclose information relevant to the investigation.
- For any confidentiality agreement between Grameenphone website and any other organization, we in our sole discretion believe necessary or appropriate in connection with an investigation of fraud, intellectual property infringement, piracy, or other unlawful activity. In such events, we will disclose necessary information.
- Without limiting the above, in an effort to respect your privacy and our ability to keep the community free from bad actors, we will not otherwise disclose your personal information to law enforcement, other government officials, or other third parties without a subpoena, court order or substantially similar legal procedure, except when we believe in good faith that the disclosure of information is necessary to prevent imminent physical harm or financial loss or to report suspected illegal activity.
Information You Share on www.grameenphone.com
Your Log In ID is displayed while you log in to www.grameenphone.com (so will not be available to the public), and is connected to all of your activity in this site. Other people can't see your activity (e.g.your order, purchase list) or other information unless you agree so electronically. Your feedback, ratings and associated comments may be displayed for the enhancement of the website and in-depth understanding for other visitors.
If you access our sites from a shared computer or a computer in an internet café, certain information about you, such as your Log In ID, activity or reminders from this website, may also be visible to other individuals who use the computer after you.
Using Information from www.grameenphone.com
'www.grameenphone.com enables you to share personal and financial information to complete different activities. We encourage you to disclose your privacy practices and respect the privacy of other users. Though, we guarantee the privacy or security of your information but always suggest you to be updated by yourself on the privacy and security policies of this website and its affiliated sites before entering into a transaction and choosing to share your information. To help protect your privacy, we allow only relevant and limited access to other Vendors, Payment Gateways, Partners, Suppliers and Financial Institutes to complete your transactions.
We use "cookies" (small files placed on your hard drive) on certain of our pages to help analyze our web page flow; customize our services, content and advertising; measure promotional effectiveness, and promote trust and safety. A few important things you should know about cookies are that:
- Most cookies are "session cookies," meaning that they are automatically deleted from your hard drive at the end of a session.
- You are always free to decline our cookies if your browser permits, although doing so may interfere with your use of some of our sites or services.
No Spam, Spyware or Spoofing
We and our users do not tolerate spam. Make sure to set your communication preferences so we communicate to you as you prefer. To report this website related spam, please forward this email to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can't use our communication tools to send spam or otherwise send content that would violate our Terms & Conditions. We automatically scan and may manually filter messages to check for spam, viruses, phishing attacks and other malicious activity or illegal or prohibited content, but we do not permanently store messages sent through these tools.
Your password is the key to your account. Use unique numbers, letters and special characters, and do not disclose your Account password to anyone. If you do share your password or your personal information with others, remember that you are responsible for all actions taken in the name of your account. If you lose control of your password, you may lose substantial control over your personal information and may be subject to legally binding actions taken on your behalf. Therefore, if your password has been compromised for any reason, you should immediately notify GP at email@example.com or call 121 from any GP Number and change your password.
Accessing, Reviewing and Changing Your Personal Information
You can see, review and change most of your personal information by signing on the website. Generally, we will not manually modify your personal information because it is very difficult to verify your identity remotely. You must promptly update your personal information if it changes or is inaccurate. Once you make a public posting, you may not be able to change or remove it. Upon your request, we will close your account and remove your personal information from view as soon as reasonably possible, based on your account activity and in accordance with applicable law. We do retain personal information from closed accounts to comply with law, prevent fraud, collect any fees owed, resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems, assist with any investigations, enforce our website Terms & Conditions and take other actions otherwise permitted by the law of the Country.
Your information is stored on our servers in a secured location of Grameenphone Ltd. We treat data as an asset that must be protected and use lots of tools (encryption, passwords, physical security, etc.) to protect your personal information against unauthorized access and disclosure. However, as you probably know, third parties may unlawfully intercept or access transmissions or private communications, and other users may abuse or misuse your personal information that they collect from the site. Therefore, although we work very hard to protect your privacy, we do not promise, and you should not expect, that your personal information or private communications will always remain private.