What is eVTS?
Grameenphone eVTS solution helps to manage your vehicle like never before. Take better care of your car and everyone in it with GP eVTS solution, the integrated system that assists and empowers you. Vehicle tracking, navigation, management, incident alarms, reports, driving behavior analytics and engine monitoring solution that lets you interact with your vehicle from the convenience of a mobile app.
|Device Price||3,599 BDT|
|Subscription Fee||319 BDT|
** Price listed above includes VAT, TAX and SD
Make your car updated with unique & smart features with Grameenphone eVTS solution.
|No installation required. Simply plug the device in your vehicle’s OBD-II port|
|Navigate to your desired place without leaving the app|
|Scan your vehicle & find out possible issues by yourself|
|Get notified immediately on incidents of your car|
|Get fuel consumption data based on every trip/day|
|Get driving scores & see if you or your driver is driving safe|
How to Install:
Grameenphone eVTS solution is a simple, reliable vehicle tracking solution that simply works with the device plugged in your car’s OBD-II port.
- Working current: <110mA@12V
- Standby current: <10mA@12V
- Positioning mode: GPS+LBS
- Dimension: 45.5mmx25.5mm×36mm
- Working Temperature: -20°C~75°C
- Working humidity: 5%~95%
- 2 LEDs for GSM and GPS Status
- 365 days warranty
Where Is your OBD port?
Check your car’s compatibility and get GP eVTS now to get the most advanced and simple vehicle tracking service.
To know more about OBD compatibility please click here.
- What is eVTS?
eVTS is an advanced vehicle tracking solution from Grameenphone. This is a smart telematics solution which is offering a wide range of features; quick & easy installation, live tracking & navigation, vehicle health, driving score, maintenance management, notifications, incident alarms & many more!
- Where can I purchase eVTS?
Visit the nearest GPC to purchase eVTS
- What documents are required for purchasing the service?
You need to bring your NID copy (only NID number is also considerable), vehicle registration copy, one copy passport size photo along with you to avail this service.
- Do I need to be the vehicle owner to purchase the service?
You do not need to be the owner. But owner’s acknowledgement is required through eVTS form.
- What is the device price and monthly subscription fee?
eVTS device price is BDT 3,599 and monthly subscription fee is BDT 319 (including VAT, SD, SC)
- Does the subscription auto-renews?
No. The subscription is valid for 30 days from payment. Customer needs to pay BDT 319 to continue his/her service by recharging this amount through Flexiload or Online Recharge.
- How can I check the SIM number used inside my eVTS device?
You can check it on the mobile app.
- What is the validity for subscription pack?
- How to identify whether my subscription pack is activated or not?
You can check it on eVTS mobile app. Go to “More” à “Subscription Info”
- How can I get expiry information of my subscription pack?
You can check the expiry date of subscription on eVTS mobile app. Please check the “More” tab for the option.
- Why am I not able to avail the service even after payment of subscription fee?
First, check from the eVTS app if the monthly subscription is activated or not. If not, visit GPC or call 121 (from GP number). If subscription is activated but still service is unavailable, please unplug and then plug back the device and check the status of the LEDs on the device. If problem persists, visit GPC with the device GPC or call 121.
- How do I activate my eVTS?
Getting your eVTS is easy. Just follow the steps provided in the included user manual and in-app help video for device installation in vehicle.
- How do I know if installation was successful?
Once you have completed the installation and LEDs become fully steady after your first 10 minute-drive, you’ll begin seeing location of the car & dashboard updates including speed, engine status and RPM in the App. Plus, you will be ready to set up notification, view your reports and your billing information, warranty and more details in the mobile app.
Note: Each parameter is dependent on the data received by the eVTS device from the Engine Control Unit (ECU) of your vehicle.
- Why do I need to go for a drive after I plug the device into my vehicle for the first time?
It is important for you to go for at least a 10-minute drive after you have successfully installed device into your car for the first time. It is required so that the device can establish GPS communication in order to start tracking your vehicle. During your drive, your device will automatically update your app with your vehicle’s data.
- Why am I not getting fuel consumption/RPM reading/any other parameter in app?
As these parameters are dependent on data received by the device from your vehicle’s ECU, so data visibility also depends on the data processing from ECU to device.
- What do I do if I think I damaged the device during installation?
Visit your GPC to have them check the condition of the device.
- Do I need to be a Grameenphone customer to use eVTS app?
You do not need to be a Grameenphone customer to use eVTS mobile app. However, your eVTS device will be in service through Grameenphone connectivity.
- Where do I install the eVTS device?
The device plugs into your car’s OBD-II port. The OBD-II port location varies from car to car, but typically it is located underneath left or right side of the steering wheel or the dashboard panel or passenger glove box. For help finding your car’s OBD-II port, check the vehicle user manual or contact your vehicle technician.
- What if I cannot find the OBD-II port in my car?
Firstly, customer should be sure if his/her vehicle has a working OBD-II port by checking the car thoroughly, going through the vehicle user manual or consulting the vehicle technician. The customer may also check the list of supported vehicles on Grameenphone website. But in case the customer purchased the eVTS device even if their car does not have an OBD-II port, he/she may ask for a replacement by contacting GPC or 121 (from Grameenphone number) with a wired device. However, note that some features will not work (such as fuel consumption and health check), and customer has to pay the installation charge.
- What do the blinking indicator lights on my eVTS device mean?
Indicator Type Status Meaning Red LED Light – Power Indicator Flash once in 2 seconds Device Operational Fully lit Stable GSM Signal and operating No light Device Turned off/Sleeping Blue LED Light - GPS Flash once in 2 seconds GPS Signal Searching Fully lit GPS Location fix No light GPS Sleep
- Which vehicle’s data will I get in the mobile app if I switch the eVTS device from one vehicle to another?
You will get the data of the latest installed vehicle from the installation time. Previous data will be retained for the previous vehicle.
- How many days will the data be available for in the app?
Last 90 days
- Can I have more than one device in my account?
Currently you can have only one device in your account.
- How do I manage bills & payments?
eVTS service needs a monthly subscription fee to operate. In order to manage your bill and payment, login to the app., then go to “More” and then tap on “Bills & Payments”. You can also pay your monthly subscription through Flexiload or any Online Recharge.
- Where can I download the eVTS app?
For Android users, Download the app from Google Play - Click Here
For iOS users, Download the app from App Store- Click Here
You can also search by typing “Grameenphone eVTS” in Appstore or Playstore.
- How do I create an account in eVTS app or sign up for it?
Open the app. Tap “Sign Up” and then “Get Started”. Scan the QR code on the top stcker of the eVTS device. If you have difficulties scanning QR code you can tap the “Input Manually” button and enter the SN number next to the QR code. Then follow the on-screen instructions and verify your mobile number through OTP SMS.
- Can I create an account in the eVTS app without purchasing the eVTS product?
No. The account needs to be linked with the eVTS device that you purchase. However, anyone with the app installed on their phone can check a demo account.
- Is the eVTS app available for both iOS and Android? What about other mobile devices, such as Windows phones and Blackberry?
eVTS app is available for iOS and Android only. For iPhone, you will need iOS 9.0 or later to run the App. For Android, Android 6.0 or higher is required.
- How do I report a problem of the eVTS App?
Contact GPC or call 121 (from GP number).
- How is my Driving Score calculated?
Your Driving Score is determined by analyzing your data in a number of areas including: harsh braking, harsh accelerating, speeding (based on posted speed limits), collision and distracted driving. Note that Driving Score is derived from data gathered by your eVTS Device. Make sure your device is plugged into your vehicle while driving.
- Does tracking still work if someone else drives my car?
Of course, eVTS works regardless of who’s behind the wheel. Make sure your device is plugged into your vehicle while driving.
- Can I access my app or account from multiple phones?
You can access your account from maximum five smart phones concurrently.
- What does the different car color on the map means?
Color Meaning Grey Engine turned off Green Engine on and vehicle is moving Blue Engine on and vehicle is idle Orange Device unreachable or unplugged
- How can I check eVTS will work with my vehicle?
eVTS will work with vehicles which have a working OBD-II port. You can check the compatibility list from Grameenphone website or can visit nearest GPC in order to check your vehicle is supported or not.
- Does eVTS come with a warranty?
Your eVTS device comes with limited 365 days warranty with conditions mentioned at Terms of Services.
- Why is my last trip not showing immediately after completing it?
After finishing your drive, the system needs to process data and then show you your trip. Please wait around 20-25 Minutes to see your trip and report accurately.
- How do I check Vehicle Health?
Make sure your eVTS device is plugged into your vehicles and the engine is on. Login to app, tap on “Health”, then tap on “Scan for Issues”. Your alerts will be shown. In the details, issues are typically accompanied by a description of the applicable Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) to help you understand what the problem may be. If you choose to take your car to a mechanic, you can tell them about the alert and provide more information.
- How does eVTS solution tell me when there is something wrong with my car?
The device is an OBD (On-Board Diagnostics) Reader which receives diagnostic information from your car’s OBD system, and sends you alerts called Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTC) as well as other information about common vehicle issues.
- Will eVTS detect all the issues my car can have?
This device detects many issues that are identifiable through your car’s OBD (On-Board Diagnostics) system only. It can detect 1500+ error in each scan. However, some examples of issues that are not identifiable through your car’s OBD system include: low windshield wiper fluid, low tire pressure, headlights or taillights status, etc.
- How can eVTS help with my routine maintenance and service?
You can set maintenance reminders to help you remember when routine services such as AC Gas Change, Air Filter Change and Oil changes are due, etc. Go to “More” à “Maintenance Log” à “Add Maintenance Entry”. Also enable the notification “Maintenance Alarm” on “Settings” tab.
- Can I turn on or off the engine remotely from eVTS?
- Can I get SMS notifications for eVTS alarms?
Currently SMS notifications are not available. In-app notifications are available.
- Can I remotely unlock or lock my car with eVTS?
- Can I unplug the device while my car is on?
For safety of the eVTS device, please make sure the engine of your car is off before unplugging the eVTS device.
- Does this device drain my car battery when the engine is off?
When your car is off, the device goes into a very low power mode.
- What happens if the device comes unplugged?
Plug the eVTS device back into OBD port. It will continue to monitor your vehicle. Note that till the device is properly plugged in, monitoring will not work.
- The eVTS device does not fit in my car’s OBD-II port. Now what?
eVTS uses a standard plug-in connector to the OBD-II port, and the shape of the connector allows the device to only plug in one way. Try using a flashlight for better visibility of the location of the port and its orientation to the eVTS device’s pins. You can also consult your vehicle technician.
- My eVTS is not working and I have warranty. What do I do?
First, make sure your eVTS device is correctly plugged in and subscription has not expired. If you are still having trouble, check the status of LEDs. After checking the status of the LEDs, visit GPC with the eVTS device or call 121 (from GP number).
- If my device becomes faulty within the warranty period, how can I replace it?
Visit the recommended place for device replacement. You can call 121 (from GP number) or visit GPC to know the address of the recommended place.
- When will I get my first Driving Score?
Driving Score information is typically updated within 20 minutes after the end of each trip.
- Why is the location of my car inaccurate?
Some conditions can inhibit GPS signal, temporarily reducing location accuracy or preventing a vehicle from being located. These conditions could include being in a garage or basement or in an area surrounded by high-rise buildings, or even having metallic window tinting on your car.
- How can I create geofence?
You just need to go to “Geofences” option in setting, and then you will be able to set your geo-fence. You can set up to 10 geofences which will be visible in map.
- How can I turn on or off any alarm?
You will find these options inside “Settings” tab.